Thursday, November 11, 2004

DJ Mahogany's Right-On Super Soul Dance Extravaganza

At the suggestion of one of my best friends, MR. JK, I asked a mutual friend of ours to let me DJ a soul show and he said yes. I'm very excited and scared about this show. I'm excited because I'll be able to play a lot of R & B music that people don't know about. I'm scared because sense a lot of stuff will be unknown that people won't dance and have a good time. I feel that sometimes I try to walk against the wind so much that I'll never get anywhere and that the wind will pick me up turn me around so that I have to go in the direction that everyone else is walking. That's how I'll feel about this show. Athens and the people who hang out in downtown Athens are kinda hypocritical in a way that sometimes they strive to be different in terms of looks, where they hang out, what music they listen to, etc. No matter how hard to try to go in the other direction, everyone eventually ends up working on the same page. So, my goal is to not succomb to that and follow my heart. I have Mr. JK to thank for getting me out of my shell and doing something fun. He's a great friend. Hopefully, everything will work out and people will have lots of fun when it's over and done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home