Friday, November 26, 2004

DJ Mahogany's Right-On Super Soul Dance Party

Mr. JK , my pseudo heterosexual boyfriend-a title given to Mr. JK by Big Gray who I think is getting a little of jealous of Mr. JK, and I were hanging out at the glitzy Manhattan's one night earlier this month when he suggested that I should DJ a show at Wunderhaus which is bartended by one of the nicest guys in Athens...Knut. So, after some gentle prodding from Mr. JK, I approached Knut about the idea and he was very supportive. When a date was set and the time began to approach...I was so nervous about the whole thing. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it. I had 2 big tests that week and I was freaking out. I had some people who flat out told me that they were skeptical and in so many words told me that they didn't think that it was going to work out. Hearing that made me even more nervous. I didn't have all the equiptment necessary and I was in shambles. Big Gray, my pseudo heterosexual husband-and I must use that very loosely because his beautiful wife might make me eat vegetables or something if she reads this, was very "husbandly" and took care of what I needed in terms of what type of mixer I needed and setting up my sound.

When it came down to it. Everything worked out perfectly. A lot of people came out, danced, and had a great time. Everyone loved the music, even the stuff they didn't know about. I got to dance with some cute boys I have crushes on and I felt their crotches against me which was awesome. Even my 1st future ex-husband Saucey took time from his uber successful band Astra (who doesn't sound like Wilco...too much) to say hello. I was even asked by Knut to come back.

So, I have to give special thanks to Big Gray for making it happen and last but definitely not least to Mr. JK for suggesting it in the first place. It would not have happened without his urging.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home