Monday, December 27, 2004

In An Athens Way

After celebrating the anniversary of Big Gray & The Wolfgang, Big Gray gave me my Xmas present which was Spider Man 2. Spider Man 2 is so fucking awesome. Afterwards, I told my theory to Lucas about Athens and how certain music, tv shows, and films are very Athensish and how cool crowd or basically townies congregate to certain music, tv shows, and films. I used examples like Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out", "Freeks & Geeks", and films like "Donnie Darko", "Gummo", and "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind". Big Gray got upset that I was making generalizations and we ended up arguing about it for nearly 20 minutes. It was very interesting. I dunno...what do think.

2 Comments:

Blogger sauce said...

I recall arguing with you similarly about this...at the time you were using examples like "million dollar baby" and some other movies as films that Athens people ignore. If I recall correctly, Million Dollar Baby hadn't even played here, yet. So, probably nobody had even seen it. Anyway, I still haven't seen it. I want to, though. eh

May 11, 2005 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

I love gummo. especially when it is raining in the pool. the kid with the bunny ears is the best.

June 12, 2005 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home